Why Do I Need Contents Insurance?

<< Back to Blog

Why does the Landlord Preferred Policy cover contents if the content items are the tenants responsibility? $ Why do Landlords need contents insurance if the property is unfurnished? The answer is that the Landlord does not pay for the tenants contents insurance; that is the tenants responsibility.

The Landlord does need contents cover for items that the Landlord has left in the property for the tenant to use. Items such as portable household goods & electrical appliances, household furniture, furnishings and light fittings, carpets and rugs, curtains or internal blinds, manchester and linen. As you know, anything can happen to these items whilst in a rental property.

That’s why under the Landlord Preferred Policy we automatically cover these items up to $60,000 in value for events such as Accidental Loss or Damage (including by tenants), Fire, Earthquake, Malicious damage (including by tenants), Deliberate damage, theft or damage due to theft, glass breakage in freestanding furniture, and storm and rainwater damage.

So remember when questioned about our contents coverage, it’s not necessarily just furniture – it’s important that soft furnishings, the things that make a home more inviting such as carpet, curtains and light fitting which are classed as contents and can be insured. The cover will benefit the landlord and their items that they were kind enough to leave for the tenants use.

Want the Latest News?
Read our Online Blog for the latest in Property Management, Real Estate, Body Corporate and general news affecting the area.
Free Appraisal (* required)
Thinking of selling or renting out your North Shore property? Fill out this form and we will be in touch to provide you with a no obligation free appraisal at a time suitable to you.
Your Name *
Your Email *
Your Phone *
I am thinking of...
Your Message